Effective: May 2011
Thank you for visiting VVF LLC (“VVF ”).
VVF’s corporate tradition is rooted in the principles of personal integrity, diligence and responsibility. Trust is a cornerstone of our corporate mission and VVF is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting the information we collect about you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly; information we collect about you when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements; and information we collect about you from other sources (where permitted by law).
Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- First and last name, email address, postal address.
- Username and password.
- Phone number or mobile number.
- Age and gender
- Date of birth.
- Demographic information.
- Future communication preferences.
- Contact information for friends you may wish us to contact.
- Any other information you may communicate to us.
Information we collect when you visit our Site, use our services, or view our online advertisements:
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Web pages you view.
- Links you click.
- IP address.
- Date and time you access our Site.
- The areas of our Site that you visit.
- Sites that you visited before coming to our Site.
- Sites to which you link if you leave our Site by clicking on a link at our Site.
- VVF emails you open and/or forward.
- VVF offers or links you connect to via emails.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION:
We may use this information, including personally identifiable information, for certain business purposes. For example, we use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, to tell you about other products and services offered by VVF, and to manage our sites and services.
The following are some other ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- Improve our sites.
- Provide services and support to visitors and customers.
- Send samples, premiums, products and information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request.
- Provide you with other services that we have not offered to you.
- Create and manage your account.
- Where permitted by law, provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about VVF’s products and services through postal mail.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests.
- Monitor and improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
- Analyze the use of our products, services, and sites.
- Understand how you arrived at our sites.
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
- Respond to questions and complaints.
- Maintain records.
- Improve our content and product offerings.
- Uncover and diagnose problems with our servers.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- For day-to-day system administration needs.
- Send marketing communications and transaction confirmations that you have opted-in to or otherwise agreed to receive.
- Send surveys.
- Monitor how visitors are using our sites.
- Provide visitors with additional information.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES:
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. However, by refusing to accept a cookie, you may not be able to access some pages or features of our sites. Also, VVF may not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
- For Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window+-+Privacy+panel
- For Apple Safari: https://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=safari/3.0/en/9277.html
- For Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=95647
- For more information on Cookies: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/
Web beacons (also known as a clear gif) are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. It is similar in function to a cookie, and is used to collect a limited set of information, such as a cookie number, time and date of page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, to understand usage patterns, and to compile aggregate statistics about which advertisements and promotions visitors have seen and how visitors responded to them. This information helps VVF better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is effective. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. This use allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and our marketing campaigns. VVF does associate web beacons to individual customer’s personal information for internal purposes only, in an effort to understand our customer’s individual preferences with our email products.
Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you follow:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.
Third-Party Advertising, Links and Sites.
We may allow third parties, including business partners and ad networks, to display advertising or links on our Site, which are controlled by such third parties. Also, some VVF programs may contain links to non-VVF sites. We provide these links to our visitors and customers for information and service, and while we try to link only to websites of reputable organizations, please be aware that VVF is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites which are linked to, or which are linked from, or connected to our sites. We do not take responsibility for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available through any other website or for their data collection practices. We encourage you to read the privacy policies provided by other websites before you provide personally identifiable information to them.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of VVF . We share your personal information only as described below and within VVF .
In general, we do not share personal information with marketers outside of VVF unless we have clearly asked for and obtained your explicit consent.
Third-party service providers.
We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, such as marketing, advertising, web analytic and other similar services. In so doing, we may need to share your information, including personally identifiable information, with the provider or such provider may have access to and collect your information on behalf of VVF . Your information, including personally identifiable information, may be stored with the provider.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email and mobile messages.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and sites.
Other situations. We may disclose your personal information:
- If a VVF brand is sold to another company.
- Where permitted by law, to protect and defend the rights and property of VVF (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
Disclosures Pursuant to Law:
USER GENERATED CONTENT:
We take steps to protect personal information no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to. We have procedures and controls as appropriate to help ensure this.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our privacy or security practices or procedures, please contact VVF directly. Use the postal address below to contact us:
VVF LLC Privacy Team
1705 Kansas Ave
Kansas City, KS 66105
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. We cooperate with country data protection authorities if they believe that a privacy problem has occurred.